Early Personal Computer Hardware
I have collected the following.
Since these are taking up significant storage space, I would be happy to
consider donating some of the larger items to good homes.
- Commodore Business Machines 2001/32. Two complete
machines 2 spare main boards, printer, cassette tape, floppy
disk drive. Various internal ROMs, software and documentation.
- Apple mac original, extra disk drive, printer,
software and documentation.
- Acorn Archimedes, software and documantation.
- Hewlett-Packard HP85. The earliest laptop (for very
strong laps!) Roms, software and documentation.
- Intersil IM6100 `PDP 8 on a board', memory card (1k!)
tty interface and manual.
- Epson PX-8, early laptop. Two machines with French
language keyboard and built in Basic software.
- BBC model B and Master 128 computers, and a collection of ROMS.
There are many more of these, along with hard disks, printer,
coprocessors and Econet networking facilities in the Chemical
Engineering teaching labs. These will finally become redundant in summer 2006.
- HP25 programmable calculator and manuals.
- Sharp laptop PCs. 2 machines, DOS, b/w screen, 88200 processors.
- Psion series 3. Original palmtop, 2 machines and documentation.
- 2 Wyse `glass teletype' terminals.